New Zealand defeats Pakistan by 22 runs.
New Zealand Batting:
Guptill score 80(48) balls
- New Zealand scores 55-0 in their powerplay overs.
- Williamson score 17(21) and Irfan picked his wicket in 7.2 over.
- Munro score 7(6) and Afridi picked his wicket in 8.5 over.
- Guptill score 80(48) and Sami picked his wicket in 14.3 over.
- Anderson score a quick score of 21(14) and Afridi picked his wicket in 15.2 over.
- Ronchi score 11(7) and Sami picked his wicket in 18.6 over.
- With Guptill brilliant knock of 80 and Ross Taylor quick innings of 36(23) balls and New Zealand score 180-5 in their 20 over innings.
- There were total 5 sixes and Guptill with maximum 3 sixes.
- Sami with most economical bowling figure of 2-23.
Pakistan batting :
Sharjeel score 47(25).
- Pakistan with a destructive start score 66-1 in their powerplay overs.
- Sharjeel score a 47(25) and Milne picked his wicket in 5.3 over.
- Khalid score 3(7) and Santner picked his wicket in 8.2 over.
- Shehzad 30(32) and Santner picked his wicket in 12.2 over.
- Afridi score 19(9) and Sodhi picked his wicket in 15.1 over.
- Akmal score 24(26) and Milne picked his wicket in 17.4 over.
- With Sharjeel 47(25), Pakistan manage to score 158-5 in their 20 over innings.
- Pakistan innings had only 2 sixes with Sharjeel and Afridi 1-1 each.
- Ish Sodhi had most economical figure of 1-25.
Match Presentation Party:
- Winning Captain, Williamson spoke: “It was a really nice surface. Off the back of Martin Guptill’s superb knock, I think the batting unit played their roles superbly to get us to a really good total. It was nice to see our bowlers keep their composure after a tough start and they played nicely. We were maybe slighly above par, 180 on any wicket can be a tough chase and this is a very big ground. We knew the first 6 would be key and they certainly played very well there but credit to our bowlers, we pulled it back nicely and managed to restrict them. Our spinners have been very consistent and very smart. We’ve played on a couple of wicekts that have spun viciously, we came here and they adapted nicely on a wicket that didn’t take a huge amount of spin. It’s certainly a tough pool, every game has been extremely tough and again today we were put under a lot of pressure. The way the guys adjusted was really good.”
- Martin Guptill was awarded the man of the match award.